Sunday, November 14, 2010

Inspirational Artists

The first artists I chose was by the name of Vanja Rancic.  She worked with the theme of loneliness and human alienation.  I was drawn to her work because of the way the paintings came together in which the leading lines drew your eye to to two people fumbling around and then to the cities that lie in the background.  I wonder why the people are positioned the way they are and what the pipes are used for.  I am inspired by her use of the black, white and red colors which I will attempt to play with in my final works. 

http://www.artbabyart.com/foa/vanja/rancic.htm

The next artist I chose was Elena Dudina.  Her artwork appealed to me because of her use of the beauty of nature with the beauty of the women who seem to contort to their surroundings.  The fact that she chose a pretty landscape with the harsh white of the women's dresses catches my eye immediately.  I believe that her theme had something to do with beauty/majesty.  I question why the women are wearing what look like white sheets in the dark colors of the nature.  I will use the idea of choosing one color to pop out of my artwork to draw in the viewers eye. 

http://www.beautifullife.info/art-works/fantasy-art-illustrations-of-elena-dudina/

1 comment:

  1. Dudina's work reminds me of a photoshopped version of a Pre-Raphaelite painting style. Perhaps these artists would interest you as well?

    ReplyDelete