Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Midterm Project





  My big idea is Depression and the feeling of being alone. I realized that there is more to depression than the eye sees.  I focused more towards the theme of being alone because that is what most people think when others say that they are depressed.  The feeling of being alone intrigued me because there are so many people in this world and yet there are some of us who feel that we are the only ones.  I explored the idea of Depression and being alone by choosing one single person in a vast background such as on a train track or out in the woods.  The person is completely alone but there is one little girl that appears in both works who is in a sense “watching over them.”  The hands in the one photo are attempting to keep the world from falling down on the boy whereas the trees are doing such in the other photo.  Other objects surround them both trying to keep the world from crashing down on them but they still have the feeling of being alone in the world.  This topic is of great importance to me because I have a friend who is going through depression and I wanted to research the idea of depression and what goes on in a persons head who has depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment