Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Research for Final

My "Big Idea" is loneliness.  The feeling of loneliness is when you feel disconnected from others and feel like we are empty.  I want to do one artwork on loneliness in a crowd and then another artwork on someone who is literally alone.  The one with loneliness in a crowd will be a group of people walking and then one person who looks like they are sad and do not want to be there.  With this person, I will make them pop with a red color and back the rest of the people fade out in the background so the main focus is on the person who feels alone.  The artwork where the person is truly alone I will have a black and white background of an old abandoned house with one person sitting alone.  I will try to use the digitize effect in which it looks like the person is disconnecting from their body.  The work will be used to show that even in a crowd someone can still feel a sense of loneliness just the same as if they were truly alone.

My "Big Idea" of loneliness was inspired by Vanja Rancic's paintings with the three central colors of black, white, and red from my last blog.  I was also inspired by the digitized photo I found off stumbleupon.com.  Another inspiration of mine was when I googled the term loneliness, most of the pictures that showed up were taken in black and white.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2cnh4N/www.digidiversity.co.uk/2010/05/creation-of-get-digitised-photoshop-cs-tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment